- A recognized bachelor’s degree with honors (not lower than second class lower division or B grade) or equivalent professional qualification;
- Three years of full-time post-qualification work experience (applicants possess outstanding academic performance and career progression but with less work experience could be considered.)
- Fulfill English Language Proficiency Requirement1
- Provide a satisfactory GMAT2 or GRE3 score
- 1. English Language Proficiency Requirement
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the University accepts, on a temporary basis and for those students who are admitted to postgraduate programmes in the 2021-22 intake, the following online English tests as an alternative to fulfil the University’s English Language Requirements.
- TOEFL-iBT Home Edition: Overall 79
- IELTS Indicator: Overall 6.5
- GMAT Online Examination: Band 21 (Verbal)
Submit one of the following original score reports/ certificates for assessment by the programme(s) concerned:
- A decent TOEFL score (CUHK MBA Code: 7398);
- A decent IELTS (Academic Module) score;
- GMAT (Verbal, normally not lower than 21);
- A degree from a university in Hong Kong;
- A degree programme of which the medium of instruction is English.
- 2. GMAT
The validity period for GMAT score results is 5 years from the test date. Applicants should arrange to send the official GMAT scores to the MBA Programmes of The Chinese University of Hong Kong:
- Programme code for Full-time CUHK MBA: R9H-0W-26
For more details, please visit www.mba.com.
The Mini GMAT Quiz
Challenge yourself! Here are eight real, retired questions:
Hong Kong Residents only: 4 July 2021
Deadline for Submitting Documents
Hong Kong Residents only: 9 July 2021
Hong Kong Residents only: 23 July 2021
Tuition Fee Payment Schedule
|August:||1/3 of tuition fee – deposit|
|October:||1/3 of tuition fee|
|April:||1/3 of tuition fee|
|Items||Cost per month|
|Accommodation on campus (single room)||HK$4,900|
|Accommodation outside campus||HK$6,000 – 15,000|
|Meals||HK$3,000 – 6,000|
|General Living Cost||HK$2,000 – 5,000|
|Transport||HK$500 – 1,000|
*Students of the MBA Programmes are required to pay HK$450 caution money as a deposit against any debts incurred to the University. This sum, less any deductions made for outstanding debts, is refunded upon discontinuation of studies at the University. For graduating students, subject to no claim being outstanding, the caution money is converted into a graduation fee, which is payable by all students on completion of their study programmes.
Scholarships and Grants
We encourage high-caliber candidates to apply early for scholarships. All entrance scholarships are awarded according to their potential to add to a dynamic classroom, work experience, academic and professional merits, and business leadership potential. Applications are assessed based on the information submitted, and an additional statement may be required where applicable. In addition, through the CUHK Business School Alumni Referral Programme, applicants will also receive grants if their applications are successful.
In order to qualify for scholarships and grants, awardees have to fulfil general criteria (specific criteria are stated under individual scholarships and grants). They should be:
- applying for the CUHK MBA full-time intake in 2021. Applicants must complete and submit their applications by the designated deadline(s).
- commencing their full-time MBA studies at CUHK during the academic year 2021-22.
How to apply: Applicants shall indicate the scholarship preference in their Online Application Form. For application of CUHK Business School Alumni Referral Programme, please refer to the details below.
List of Scholarships
- CUHK MBA Excellence Scholarship
The CUHK MBA Excellence Scholarship is awarded to candidates with decent academic performance and professional achievements, personal accomplishments and interview performance in expectation of their likely contributions to the MBA programmes.
- Finance Professional Scholarship
The Finance Professional Scholarship is awarded to applicants who have held full-time positions for at least two years at global financial services companies, or in leading financial services organizations in their home countries. CUHK MBA is seeking applicants who understand how global financial markets work and interconnect.
- Entrepreneurial Leader Scholarship
The Entrepreneurial Leader Scholarship is designed for professionals with at least two years of professional experience who have played key roles in the leadership and development of entrepreneurial projects or for candidates who have successful track records in launching their own businesses. CUHK MBA is seeking candidates who think and act in an entrepreneurial manner and have a strong sense of how to put a project or idea into action.
- Women in Global Business Scholarship
The Women in Global Business Scholarship is for female applicants with at least two years of professional experience in large multinational corporations. CUHK MBA is seeking female leaders with experience in international companies who understand the global business environment and demonstrate passion to succeed in management or leadership positions.
- Young Global Professional Scholarship
The Young Global Professional Scholarship is awarded to aspiring young professionals with outstanding work experience, interview performance, good GMAT scores and solid academic records. Applicants must also fulfil one of the following criteria
- Have extensive international exposure
- Be from an African, Australian, European, Middle Eastern, Latin American, or under-represented nationality that can enrich our students’ learning experience
- CUHK MBA Belt and Road Scholarship
The One Belt One Road Initiative, or the ‘new Silk Road’, aims to create the world’s largest platform for economic cooperation across Asia, Europe, and Africa, is a reflection on China’s latest political and strategic ambitions on the global stage. CUHK MBA, as the first MBA programme in the region is proud to offer the One Belt One Road Scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to high-potential full-time MBA candidates who have worked or studied in one for the countries under the OBOR action plan.
To be eligible in the selection, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Comprehensive work exposure
- Strong academic credentials, outstanding professional experience and achievements
- Studied or worked in one of the countries under the OBOR action plan
- Diversity Excellence Scholarship for Professionals in Asia
Diversity Excellence Scholarship for Professionals in Asia is awarded to outstanding professionals from Asian countries. Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Extensive international exposure
- Strong academic credentials and outstanding professional experience and achievements
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Japan, Republic of Korea, India, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
List of Grants
- CUHK Business School Alumni Referral Programme for the MBA Intake 2021
Through CUHK Business School Alumni Referral Programme, CUHK Business School alumni who would like to embark their career transformation journey through pursuing CUHK MBA will receive:
- A guaranteed interview if applicants fulfill the minimum admissions requirements
- A grant covering 10% of the tuition fee if their application is successful
All candidates referred by CUHK Business School alumni to our MBA Programme will receive the above benefits.
How to apply:
- Apply as an alumnus/alumna: Indicate in your application you are an alumnus/alumna with your graduation year and programme.
- Apply with CUHK Business School Alumni referral: Indicate the name of CUHK Business School alumnus/alumna in your application and CUHK Business School alumnus/alumna shall email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with his/her full name, graduation year & programme and your full name.
- Corporate Scholars Programme
By exclusive invitation to selected companies and institutional partners, the Corporate Scholars Programme aims to grow talent and help corporations build an internal leadership pipeline. The Programme offers a grant covering 10% of tuition for each admitted student nominated by participating companies and institutional partners.
How to apply:
Indicate in your application if you are a current employee of our corporate partners or a member of our institutional partners and you are nominated to apply through the Corporate Scholars Programme. Once you are admitted, apply for a recommendation letter from your Human Resources department and send it to our admissions staff for a grant arrangement.
Contact us to see if your company is on the list.
List of participating companies and institutional partners:
- General Notes
Applicants’ eligibility and the amount of scholarships they may receive will be assessed and determined by CUHK MBA Admissions Committee based on each candidate’s prior academic performance, work experience, GMAT scores and interview performances.
Any scholarship awarded will subsequently be deducted from the successful applicant’s programme tuition fees.
- Terms and Conditions
Please note the below conditions will apply:
- Candidates will be entitled to only one scholarship as listed above.
CUHK’s MBA programme reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions applied to these scholarships at any time and without prior notice. All amended terms and conditions will be published in a timely manner on our website. All decisions related to admissions and scholarships will be subject to the approval and confirmation of the CUHK MBA Programmes Office and are final.
- Scholarships for Current Students
Through the generous support of individuals, alumni, business firms and organizations in Hong Kong, a number of scholarships, bursaries and awards are offered to outstanding students in year 2019-2020. Criteria for award vary and are determined by the donors. The list of scholarships is as follows:
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Scholarships
- Hong Kong Financial Women’s Association Scholarship
- Mong Man Wai Scholarships
- Professor Hsin Sutu Memorial Scholarship
- Yeh Yui Fong Scholarship
- Anonymous Scholarship
- AmCham Charitable Foundation Scholar Award
- MBA Alumni Association Award
- Professor H Sutu Prizes
Nominees will receive a notification from the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid upon donors’ approval.
List of Financial Aids
- OFID Scholarship Award for International Students
OFID’s Scholarship Programme sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries who wish to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
The Award will cover the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year. For details, please refer to the following link: https://opecfund.org/what-we-offer/beyond-the-scope/scholarship
- TeeTRND Scholarship
TeeTRND.com offers the opportunity for all who want to apply for the scholarship by researching and covering the following topic “Future of the E-Commerce: Small Business vs. E-Commerce Giants”.
TeeTRND.com will award one (1) $3000 scholarship for the best submitted entry determined by our judges. The scholarship will be awarded in check form, made payable directly to the university that the winner is, or will be, attending for a school term. For details, please visit: https://teetrnd.com/scholarship/
- Trendhim Scholarship
Trendhim Scholarship support one or more students in the field of marketing, fashion, sales, IT, trade, or management.
The company offers a scholarship of $2300 to encourage students in the field e-commerce. For details, please visit their website: https://www.trendhim.com/csr/trendhim-scholarship
- K.C. Mahindra Trusts Scholarship for Indian Students
K.C. Mahindra Trusts offers interest free loan scholarships to Indian students who want to pursue post graduate courses , including MBAs, in a recognized overseas University. For details, please visit their website: https://www.kcmet.org/what-we-do-Scholarship-Grants.aspx
- Dr Ambedkar Central Sector Scheme for Indian Students
The scheme of Interest Subsidy on educational loans for overseas studies will promote educational advancement of students from Other Backward Classes and Economically Backward Classes.
The is a Central Sector Scheme to provide interest subsidy to the student belonging to the Other Backward Communities and Economically Backward Communities on the interest payable for the period of moratorium for the Education Loans for overseas studies to pursue approved courses of studies abroad at Masters, M.Phil. and Ph.D. level. For details, please visit their website:
- Central Scheme of Interest Subsidy for Education Loans for Indian Students
Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Higher Education has formulated this Interest Subsidy for Education Loans for the students of economically weaker section (EWS) for pursuing technical/professional courses in India and abroad.
Interest subsidy is granted for the period of moratorium, i.e. 12 months after completing the course or 6 months after getting the job (whichever is earlier). For details, please visit their website: https://www.mhrd.gov.in/scholarships-education-loan-4
- Continuing Education Fund for Hong Kong Residents
Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction are eligible to apply for the Continuing Education Fund (CEF). For details regarding eligibility and application procedures, please visit CEF website: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/index.htm
CUHK MBA Programmes are listed as a reimbursement course under the Continuing Education Fund, providing reimbursement of up to HK$10,000 to those who fulfill the criteria.
- Extended Non-means Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) for Hong Kong Residents
The Extended Non-means Tested Loan Scheme (NLS) provides financial assistance in the form of loan to eligible students. For details regarding eligibility and application procedures, please visit ENLS’s website: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/eng/schemes/nlss.htm
Disclaimer: CUHK MBA is not connected and/or affiliated with the above finance companies, financial institutions, and/or organizations. Students will take full responsibility of the loans they engaged and can contact the respective companies and organizations directly. Students are suggested to seek independent advice before engaging in any study loan services.
Submit Your Application Online
Take your first step and submit the online application with the below documents.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of degree certifications*
- GMAT/GRE score report (if applicable)**
- TOEFL/IELTS score report (if applicable)
- Copies of Hong Kong Identity Card or Passport
- Academic transcripts***
- Two sets of recommendations (submitted online)
* Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網).
**For details about the GMAT/GRE score requirement, please refer to Admissions Requirement
***Official academic transcripts must be sent to the MBA Admissions Office directly from the institution(s).
Haven’t assembled all the documents yet? Submit the application first and supplement relevant documents within 1 month upon submission.
After you submit the application online, we will need the below supporting documents on you:
An official GMAT/GRE school report;
An official TOEFL/ original IELTS score report (if applicable);
- TWO copies of your original official transcripts issued by the applicants’ former/current Universities in sealed envelope with stamp from Registry and must reach MBA Admissions Office directly from the institution(s)
*Applicants who obtained degrees from universities in Mainland China are required to provide an Online Verification Report or Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部學歷證書電子註冊備案表) issued by the CHESICC (學信網).
Credit cards as directed via our online application system.
- Step 1: Submit an Online Application
Create an account and submit your application on the application portal https://apply.bschool.cuhk.edu.hk/
- Step 2: Submit Supporting Document
Upload your documents (including CV, degree of certificate(s), academic transcript(s), GMAT/GRE/IELTS/TOEFL score report(s)) to the application portal and mail specified documents to MBA Programmes Office
- Step 3: Interview (by invitation)
Shortlisted candidates will be notified for face-to-face or online interviews within two weeks of application submission
- Step 4: Application Result
Applicants will be notified of the results via email within two to four weeks of the interviews
- Step 5: Deposit Payment
Applicants will be notified of the results via email within two to four weeks of the interviews
- Step 6: Visa (if applicable)
Our Programme Officers will assist you in your visa application once you are admitted to our MBA programme