Legal Knowledge with Business Sophistication
The JD/MBA Programme is jointly hosted by the CUHK Faculty of Law and Business School. It is designed to nurture a new generation of business professionals who also understand the constraints and opportunities of business law, an increasingly coveted trait across a wide range of leadership roles in Asia.
Graduates of the JD/MBA Programme earn both a Juris Doctor (JD) degree and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, in a period shorter than the customary time needed to complete the two degrees consecutively.
Full-time: 36 months
Full-time Tuition Fees:
MBA Component: HK$428,000
JD component: HK$5,880 per unit for a total of 60 units within normative study period
Students can typically complete the programme in 36 months. A total of 99 units of coursework is required.
* Up to 12 units of MBA coursework are recognised toward fulfillment of JD requirements. Similarly, up to 12 units of JD coursework are recognised toward fulfillment of the MBA requirements.
- Must have graduated from a recognised university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in a non-law subject or a law degree from a non-common law jurisdiction, normally with honors no lower than Second Class; or
- Must have graduated from an Honors programme of a recognised university with a Bachelor’s degree in a non-law subject or a law degree from a non-common law jurisdiction, achieving an average grade of no lower than “B” in undergraduate courses; or
- Must have completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- GMAT/GRE Scores
The validity period for GMAT/GRE score results is 5 years from the test date. Applicants should arrange to send the official scores to the MBA Programmes of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- The GMAT Programme code for Full-time CUHK MBA is R9H-0W-26;
- The GRE DI code for CUHK MBA is 7430.
- English Language Proficiency Requirement
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree obtained by completing a programme of study in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country, or which was taught primarily in the English Language; or
- Must have gained a result of Band 7.5 or better in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), obtained no more than two years before the date of applying to the JD/MBA Programme; or
- Must have gained a result of 600 (Paper Based Test) or 100 (Internet Based Test) or better in the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), obtained no more than two years before the date of applying to the JD/MBA Programme; or
- Must be able to provide alternative evidence of English proficiency equivalent to one of the preceding measures. PETS scores will not be considered as alternative evidence.
- Work Experience
3 years’ post-qualification full-time work experience or recognised professional qualifications.
How to Apply
|First Round:||January 29, 2021|
|Second Round:||February 26, 2021|
|Third Round:||April 9, 2021|
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled. Therefore, early applications are strongly encouraged. Applications submitted after the deadline may be considered, subject to the availability of places.
Apply now through the online application portal.
Full-time: HK$ 1,500
Application fees are non-refundable.
Credit cards as directed via our online application system.