Real-world education through competition
One of the best ways to sharpen skills is to put them into practice. CUHK MBA students enjoy rewarding opportunities to hone their business analysis and presentation skills through participation in international MBA case competitions hosted by different business schools and companies.
This is an excellent platform for you to actively apply the knowledge you have learned, exchange ideas with fellow business students, and develop the openness to handle critique, feedback and unpredictable outcomes — attitudes necessary to succeed and keep growing in the real business world.
Over the past few years, the CUHK MBA Office has supported students’ participation in more than 10 insightful competitions. For selected events, we sponsor 50% – 100% of the student’s inter-city transportation, accommodation, visa and registration costs.
Past case competition highlights
- HEC Business Game
- SDSU Sports MBA International Case Competition
- Venture Capital Investment Competition
- The Wharton MBA Buyout Case Competition
- Japan Business Model Competition
- The Netherlands
- RSM Private Equity Competition
- National Investment Banking Competition
- SDA Bocconi International Finance Competition
- SCB Future Leader Challenge
- Warsaw Negotiation Round
- St.Gallen Symposium
- Asian-Pacific Business Schools Desert Challenge
- The Asia-Pacific Challenge – MBA Case Competition
The AMALGAMATION Business Case Competition was a great learning experience as we got to present in front of M&A experts and then were grilled by them on the finer aspects of the M&A deal. We also got to network and interact with these experts to discuss our potential areas of improvement and learn more about the future of M&A and investment industry going forward.